Ant.com Frequently asked questions
1. Why register on Ant.com?
With Ant.com you can simplify the web search. It is your own free customized web storage, accessible from anywhere. Browse and bookmark any page on the web. All your bookmarks are located on your profile, you can search both within the web and within your bookmarks. It is a fast, cool, and handy search engine. Register and check yourself how it works!
For registration Ant.com uses a universal login system ID.net, which offers additional benefits to our users. The system is easy in use and is highly secure.
2. What is Ant.com?
Ant.com is a customizable search engine providing users with free services and freeware. With Ant.com Search Engine users can surf the Internet and bookmark favorite pages with a free Antmarks extension. Once you register on Ant.com and install bookmark tool, you can save web pages on your profile and search both within the web and within your bookmarks.
Ant.com also offers free video extensions and software to download videos from youtube.com and the majority of other popular websites. You can install your Ant.com Video Downloader here.
3. Features list
- Antmarks extension is a browser add-on to bookmark web pages.
- Ant.com profile is a web storage for your bookmarks.
- Search my web feature is a convenient search within your bookmarks.
4. How to use Antmarks extension?
If you would like to use Antmarks extension to be able to save your web pages while surfing the Net, you need to follow the steps described below:
- Step 1: Register your Ant.com Profile through ID.net login system. If you already have ID.net profile, simply login, if you don’t, please register your ID.net profile.
- Step 2: Install Antmarks extension (click here if you are on Google Chrome | click here if you are on Firefox)
- Step 3: Once you have installed Antmarks extension, you can start searching and saving any web pages by clicking on the Antmarks icon located at the top right corner of your browser.
- Step 4: All web pages saved with Antmarks extension will appear on you Ant.com profile. You can then conduct search within your bookmarks!
5. How to make your own search?
Once you login into your Ant.com account, you will be able to search the web by selecting ‘Search the web’ option or search within your bookmarks by selecting ‘Search my web option’. The Ant.com search field appears on every Ant.com page to make the surf process easy and convenient.
6. What are the advantages of Antmarks extension?
- Save your favorite web pages. With Antmarks extension you can easily bookmark any page on the web.
- Search within your bookmarks. You have two search options ‘Search the web’ and ‘Search your web’. Bookmark your favourite pages and search within them easily.
- Your Ant.com profile. All your saved pages appear in ‘My bookmarks’ on your Ant.com profile, which is a very convenient way of bookmarks display.
- Easy access. You can easily access your bookmarks from any device connected to the Internet. All you need is to login into your Ant.com account.
7. How to re-enable Chrome Antmarks Extension after permission upgrade?
A new released version 1.0.9 of Antmarks Extension for Google Chrome requires new permissions.
One should see a popup offering to accept new permissions. If a user misses the popup inside the Google Chrome browser, the extension will be disabled by default until the user re-enables it.
You can easily re-enable the extension by following one of the solutions below:
- Click the Chrome menu icon then click on "Ant.com Antmarks Extension requires new permissions" in the bottom of the drop-down list.
Or click the Chrome menu icon and select Extensions from the Tools menu or type chrome://extensions to your Chrome navigation bar.
Then check the box "Enable":
Finally, click on "Re-enable":