Frequently Asked Questions about Ant.com Video Downloader
About the FAQ
Please read this FAQ section if you have a question about Ant.com Video Downloader. If you could not find an answer on this page, you should contact us through our email form (you can find the link at the bottom of this page).
- I can’t download any video. What is the problem?
- How can I watch those clips / videos that I have downloaded?
- How to uninstall Ant.com Video Downloader?
- Is there a version available for Google Chrome or Opera browsers?
- How to install Ant.com Video Downloader on Mac?
- How can I download video using my mobile phone?
- I've recently updated Ant.com Video Downloader for Firefox, and I can't find the toolbar anymore.
- Where can I find video files, which I have downloaded?
- Are videos downloaded to my hard drive?
- How to download a video from the video page?
- Is the Ant.com add-on / toolbar 100% safe?
- How can I delete the downloaded video? Can I delete it from the Player?
- If there are several videos on the same web-page, and I would like to download them all simultaneously, can I do it?
- I've got problems with a video playback. (for Firefox add-on only)
- How to change the directory of downloaded videos?
- I can’t download any video. What is the problem?
You can download a video from the web page if it contains it. So, firstly, please, check if you are on a web-page which contains the video, and this video is playing in your browser.
If a video is detected and ready to be downloaded, you will see the 'Download' button active and the notice box popping out to let you know that the video is ready to be downloaded.
If you see that a video is on the page and it is playing, but you still receive a message that the video is not found, it means that for now we don’t support such video format.
You can watch the videos you have downloaded directly from your web browser. There is an embedded Player in Ant.com Video Downloader. In order to play the video, press the 'Player' button on the toolbar.
For the Internet Explorer browser you can play a video directly from the Download Manager by clicking the 'Play' button there after downloading a video. The Player with the selected video will open.
Internet Explorer users: Go to your Control panel (Start button > Control panel), then Add / Remove programs > Ant Toolbar.
Firefox users: go to Tools, then Add-ons. You can uninstall or change the settings from there.
Ant.com Video Downloader is now located by default in 'One Button' called 'Compact Mode' and located at the top right of your browser.
You can still come back to the other display modes which are 'Toolbar' and 'Status bar' by going to the video downloader preference panel.
Click on the 'Browse' button on the toolbar, there you can find all the videos you have downloaded.
For the Internet Explorer browser you can as well:
- Click the 'Browse' button in the right upper corner of Download Manager.
- Open a particular video you have downloaded. Click on the 'Browse' button under the video you would like to browse in Download Manager.
Yes, they are saved and stored on your computer's hard drive. You can access them by clicking on the toolbar 'Browse' button.
Look for the 'Download' button on the toolbar, clicking it should launch the download.
If the button is not activated, you may have to click the 'Play' button on the video in your browser first, so it starts to play.
If it still does not work, try closing the page, open it again, play the video, then click the 'Download' button from our video downloader.
Our code was inspected by anti-malware Spybot S & D too. We recommend using them on your system in addition to our add-on.
The new version of Ant.com Video Downloader for Internet Explorer allows deleting a downloaded video.
- If you would like to delete the downloaded video from your hard drive right after downloading, you can do it in Download Manager by clicking the 'Delete from disk' button.
- If you would like to delete the downloaded video from the Player, you should choose the item you would like to delete, and then the red crossing button will appear at the right upper corner of the Player, click on it, the video will be deleted.
Yes, you can download all the videos located on the same page simultaneously. To do this, firstly, start playing them and then press the 'Download' button.
If a video is detected and ready to be downloaded, you will see the 'Download' button active and notice the box popping out to let you know that the video is ready to be downloaded.
If you have any problem with a video playback, firstly, check if your Flash Player is up to date. Please, upgrade your Flash player if it requires updates. The Flash player itself, in most cases, requires embedded codecs.
If you still have a problem with the video playback, try the following:
- For Windows: install K-lite codec pack or similar. You can download it here: http://www.codecguide.com/download_kl.htm
- For Linux: the best solution is to read your distribution documentation to know how to install video codecs. The easiest way is to install mplayer and xine players. The majority of Linux distribution kits install codecs as dependencies for these players. For Debian Derivatives you, firstly, need to enable restricted repositories. Probably, you will need to add new package repositories to install specific codecs (e.g. http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=408430&postcount=3 Be careful with this solution. You should be familiar with apt to use this.)
Mac OS X has installed the majority of codecs you need by default. But if you have a problem with the playback on Mac OS X you can try to install DivX codecs from http://www.divx.com/en/software/mac
For Firefox users and Internet Explorer users of add-on version 1.6
You can change the video download directory target from the preferences of the video downloader.
You can go to the preference panel by Tools -> Add-ons then select Ant.com Video Downloader and click on Preferences
This operation will not copy the videos files in this new directory, so if you still want to read your old videos with the Ant.com player, you should copy them manually to the new directory (you can use the 'Browse' button to find the directory easily).
For Internet Explorer users of add-on version 1.9+
You cannot change the default video download directory. The default download directory is AppData\LocalLow\Ant.com (Windows Vista or Windows 7) or Application data\Ant.com (Windows XP) within user's home directory (which is typically C:\Users\
Important note : Alternative option for Internet Explorer users of add-on 1.9+
However, for Windows Internet Explorer users, you can switch your browser into InPrivate Browsing mode, and in this mode you specify video download location (using 'Save as dialog') each time when you download a video. For more details see the article [How to use Ant.com toolbar in the Internet Explorer's InPrivate Browsing mode]