ANT.COM Terms of service
Welcome To Ant.com!
Last modified: April 16th 2013
By downloading or installing, registering for, accessing or using Ant.com Website and the Services We offer (described below), You agree to be governed and subject to the following Terms of Services (“Terms of Service”, “Terms” or “Agreement”) as set forth below. Please read these Terms of Service carefully. If You do not agree with the Terms, please do not use the Website.
It is Your responsibility to review these Terms of Service frequently and remain informed about any changes to it, so We encourage You to visit this page often. You agree that Your continued use of the Website or Services following any changes to this Agreement and after the changes take effect will constitute Your acceptance of such changes. If You do not agree to future changes to this Agreement, do not continue to use the Website or Services after the effective date of such changes and uninstall all Company software.
Definitions. Ant.com Ltd is the operator of the Ant.com Website. Ant.com Ltd. shall be referred to as “Company”. When first-person pronouns are used in this Agreement (Us, Our, Ours, etc.), these provisions refer to the Company and/or to any other website that We may choose to operate in the future.
The “User” of this Website and its Services will be referred to, in this Agreement, as “You” or through a second-person pronouns, such as “Your”, etc. You certify that You are over thirteen (13) years of age and that You have received Your parent’s or guardian’s consent to enter this Agreement.
The term “Website” is used to refer to the Ant.com website published by Us. Ant.com is a search engine for Internet users also offering a selection of other Services described below.
Description of Services. Ant.com is a multi-purpose service which allows You to use or access a wealth of services including search services, add-on, traffic rankings and a broad range of other content (collectively, the “Services”). The Services are described in detail as follows:
- Ant Search Engine – Ant.com core service is assisting You in Your web search. A Social Search Engine is coming soon allowing You to retrieve information tailored to Your personal interest by bookmarking websites as well as following other users’ bookmarks. Your bookmarks can either be set as “Private” or “Public” so as to decide, when users follow You, which bookmarks other users can view.
- Ant Add-on aka Ant Video Downloader – is a free downloadable software, available on Your Internet Explorer or Firefox Internet browsers, allowing users to download video streams while browsing video websites. A series of features will be displayed on Ant Add-on in order to provide You with an easy access to Our Services, namely video downloader, video player, and Ant rank. The Ant Add-on collects and stores information about the webpages You view. This helps Us constitute a ranking of the traffic that websites generate over the last three months as well as compare websites’ traffic. In the eventuality that information We receive about You by the Ant Add-on Service might be personally identifiable, as privacy is important to Us, we commit to not using that web data in order to determine the identity of any of Our Users. Ant Add-on Service may, however, periodically contact Our server to provide Us information about the Ant Add-on. In addition to the standard information that Your browser sends to most any other web page You might visit, this communication also involves sending a computer-generated unique identifier that is stored in Your computer’s registry upon install and that We use for internal business purposes such as auditing or security reasons.
- Ant.com Ant.com addon – this service offers You the opportunity to make bookmarks while You surf the web, automatically save them on Your Account and allow You to search within them later.
- Video Sites – a selection of video streaming websites is provided to help You have a broad view of all the video streaming websites there are and enhance Your experience.
- Ant Support – Once You register and sign in, You can submit any opinions, reviews, questions or comments about the Services, on the Ant Support. Take notice that by using the Ant Support, You agree to abide to the Rules and Guidelines of the Ant Support.
Age restriction. The Website and Our Services are not intended for persons under 13 years of age. By accessing or using the Services You represent and warrant that You are 13 or older. In addition, parents and guardians of children over the age of thirteen should be aware that the Website and Services is designed to appeal to a broad audience. Accordingly it is the parents’ or guardians’, of said-children, responsibility to determine whether any portion of the Website or Services is inappropriate for their child.
You may use the Services only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national and international laws rules and regulations.
Registration and Public Profile. To access the Website, submit search queries, view the traffic ranking or web guide, You do not need to register. If You want a more personalized experience of the Services in particular the soon to be coming Social Ant Search Engine and Ant Add-on, You should create a user profile by providing an email address.
If You register to become a “Member” and create an account (“Account”) directly via the Service, You will be asked to provide certain information and to establish a username and password. Logging and registration is solely possible through the use of the third party login system id.net. For Members who are already registered and have an Account on Ant.com: You agree and consent to the migration of Your account to an id.net account and id.net identity linked to Our Website. By registering via Your id.net identity linked to Our Website, You authorize us to access Your id.net identity linked to Our Website information on Your behalf.
Once You have registered, You will have a public profile and Your user name will be displayed along with all the Bookmarks You have selected as “Public” which will be searchable on the web, and You profile will be able to be followed by other members.
Password and Security. You must submit a password to set up and access Your profile. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your password and for all activities that occur under Your profile. We may offer users the ability to remain logged in their profile for 2 weeks (even if they restart their browser). If You do not log out of Your profile periodically, there is a risk of session hijacking by a third party. In addition, if You are using a public or shared computer, We recommend that You log out of Your profile at the end of each session. You agree to notify Us immediately of any unauthorized use of Your password or profile or any other breach of security. Us will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from a third party accessing or using Your profile.
Warning. A search using the Search Engine may produce results and links to sites for any given query, which does not mean We endorse, promote, or agree with the ideas presented in the content. The Services do not edit, modify, delete, or add to the text content retrieved and displayed as search results.
A search using the Search Engine may produce results and links to sites that some people find objectionable, inappropriate, or offensive. We cannot guarantee that a search will not locate unintended or objectionable content and assume no responsibility for the content of any site included in any search results or otherwise linked to by the Services. The Services do not edit, modify, delete, or add to the text content retrieved and displayed as search results.
License to Use the Services and Access Content on Our Website. You acknowledge that We or third parties own all rights, title and interest to the content displayed on the Website and the Services, including but not limited to the Website’s and Services look and feel, data information, text, graphics, images, sound or video material, photographs, designs, trademarks, service marks, trade names, URLs and content provided by third parties, and software provided through or in conjunction with the Services, including without limitation all Intellectual Property Rights. Intellectual Property Rights refer to any and all rights existing from time to time under patent law, copyright law, trade secret law, trademark law, unfair competition law, and any and all other proprietary rights, and any and all applications, renewals, extensions and restorations thereof, now or hereafter in force and effect worldwide.
You are granted a personal nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable, limited license to view, reproduce, print, cache store and distribute content retrieved from Our Website via a generally available consumer web browser for non-commercial use only. You are not granted any other license or right (including by implication, by estoppel or otherwise), with respect to the Website, Services, or any content accessible through the Website or Services. Any rights not expressly granted in these Terms are reserved by Us. In Your use of the Website and Services, You agree to comply with all applicable laws including, without limitation, all applicable laws (as well as associated licenses and approvals) regarding the transmission of technical data exported from Hong Kong or the country in which You reside.
Except as otherwise explicitly provided in this Agreement or as may be expressly permitted by applicable law, You will not, and will not permit or authorize third parties to:
- Copy, modify, create a derivative work of, reverse engineer, reverse assemble or otherwise attempt to discover any source code of the Website or Services;
- Remove or obscure the copyright notice or other notices displayed in connection with the content accessible through the Website or Services;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Website functionalities, Services, or servers and networks connected to Our Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Website;
- Modify the Website or Services in any manner or form, or use modified versions of the Services, including (without limitation) for the purpose of obtaining unauthorized access to the Website or Services;
- Reproduce, print, cache, store or distribute content retrieved from the Sites in any way, for any commercial use without Our prior written permission;
- Sell, assign, sublicense, or otherwise transfer any right in the Services or content accessible through the Website;
- Access the Website or Services by any means other than through the interface that is provided by Us;
- Collect or store personal data about other users of the Website or Services;
- Engage in any activities that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to, collecting and distributing information about Internet users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law; or
- Use the Website or Services to violate any law (whether local, state, national, or international), whether or not intentionally.
Submissions. We may allow You and other third parties to post reviews or comments concerning the Services or otherwise in some of the areas of the Services. Any opinions, advices, statements, services, offers, or other information that constitutes part of the content expressed or made available by third parties on the Services are those of the respective authors or producers and not Ours, or Our shareholders, directors, officers, or employees.
We are free to use any comments, information, ideas, concepts, reviews, or techniques or any other material contained in any communication You may send to Us (each, a “Submission”), including, without limitation, responses to questionnaires or through postings to the Services without further compensation, acknowledgement or payment to You for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and creating, modifying or improving the Services. Furthermore, by posting any Submission on the Services, submitting information to Us, or in responding to questionnaires, You grant Ant.com a perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, worldwide license and right to display, use, perform, reproduce, modify, distribute and create derivative works of the Submission or information submitted in any media, software or technology of any kind now existing or developed in the future. By posting or providing a Submission or information, You represent and warrant that public posting and use of Your submission or information by Us will not infringe on or violate the rights of any third party.
All questions and answers and comments You post through the Services will be available publicly. Please do not submit content unless You understand that it will be available publicly. You should not assume that You are anonymous online and cannot be identified by or from You content when You are logged into Your profile. Bookmarks, as mentioned above in Section 2, will remain private if You select the “Private” option. Your profile will otherwise be public and able to be followed by other Users. You may not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content. We reserve the right, but do not have the obligation, to remove or edit, at any time and without notice to the user who posted it, any content that is inappropriate or otherwise does not meet these Terms. You will indemnify Us and Our affiliates for all claims resulting from the content You post to the Services.
Take notice that We do not accept unsolicited materials or ideas for use or publication, and are not responsible for the similarity of any of Our content to materials or ideas transmitted to Us. Should You send any unsolicited materials or ideas, You do so with the understanding that no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to You, and You are waiving any claim against Us or Our affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if any material or idea is used that is substantially similar to the idea You sent You sent.
You agree not to use the Services to:
- Post any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- Harm or threaten to harm anyone in any way;
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass any other person or entity;
- Impersonate any person or entity (including one of Our agent, enthusiast, or moderator), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent Your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation;
- Disseminate or transmit any content that (i) violates any law (whether local, state, national, or international), (ii) infringes or violates any copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other proprietary right (including, but not limited to, using third party copyrighted materials or trademarks without appropriate permission or attribution), or (iii) includes third party information (whether or not protected as a trade secret) in violation of a duty of confidentiality;
- Disseminate or transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs; or post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- Manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any question, answer or comment You post on the Website; or
- Post any content that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to revealing personal or private information about others without their permission.
Anti-Spam. While We encourage You to refer friends, family, colleagues, and others to use the Services, You may do so only through methods that are consistent with the terms and conditions of Your own Internet service provider as well as prevailing standards of acceptable Internet use and behavior. In particular, You may not use the Services, name, trademarks, or other intellectual property of the Company in conjunction with the sending of unsolicited email, or cause to be used Company's equipment, network connectivity, or other resources to originate, deliver, relay, or otherwise transmit unsolicited email messages. You may not engage in any of these prohibited activities by using the service of any other provider, third-party agent, remailing service, or address forwarding service, in such a way that Company’s network addresses or Company-hosted Web or email services are in any way identified as being associated with the sending of unsolicited email. Other prohibited methods of advertising or promoting Your involvement with Us include multiple postings of messages to Usenet newsgroups, mailing lists, chat rooms (including IRC, AIM, ICQ, or other interactive chat services) or other online forums.
Your conduct. Files and other Content in the Services and/or Website may be protected by intellectual property rights of others. “Content” means any information that may be generated by either You or Company, or encountered through use of the Services and/or Website, such as data files, device characteristics, written text, software, graphics, photographs, sounds, videos, messages and other like materials.
Please do not copy, upload, download, or share any Content unless You have the right to do so. You, not the Company, will be fully responsible and liable for what You copy, share, upload, download or otherwise use while using the Services and/or Website. You must not upload spyware or any other malicious software to the Service and/or the Website.
Copyright Notice. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and expect You to do the same. We will respond expeditiously to claims of copyright infringement committed using the Services and/or the Website if such claims are reported to Us.
If You are a copyright owner, authorized to act on behalf of one, or authorized to act under any exclusive right under copyright, please report alleged copyright infringements taking place on or through the Website or Services by contacting Our Copyright Agent. Upon receipt of notice, We will take whatever action, in Our sole discretion, We deem appropriate, including removal of the challenged content from the Website.
We cannot guarantee the completeness or accuracy of the websites or URLs to which Website's Services link or refer. The process of including websites in the Website’s Services is largely automatic. Company does not screen the websites included in the Services, and these other websites are maintained by persons over whom Company exercises no control.
For these reasons, You further acknowledge and agree that We shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or resources.
Modifications to the Services. We reserve the right any time and from time to time to modify, suspend, discontinue or terminate the Services (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that We are not liable to You or to any third party for any modification, suspension, discontinuation or termination of the Services.
Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Us and Our subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, employees, partners and licensors harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fee, made by any third party due to or arising out of content You submit, post, transmit, make available through the Services, Your connection to the Services, Your violation of the Terms, or Your violation of any rights of another.
Warranties and Disclaimer. We disclaim any and all responsibility or liability for the accuracy, content, completeness, legality, reliability, operability or availability of information or material displayed by the Services. We disclaim any responsibility for the deletion, failure to store, misdelivery, or untimely delivery of any information or material. We disclaim any responsibility for any harm resulting from Your use of the Services and/or any third party software accessed in conjunction with or through the Services.
THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS," WITH NO WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER. WE AND OUR LICENSORS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW ALL EXPRESS, IMPLIED, AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. WE AND OUR LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF SERVICES. COMPANY AND OUR LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES FOR SERVICES OR GOODS RECEIVED THROUGH OR ADVERTISED BY THE SERVICES OR RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED BY THE SERVICES, AS WELL AS FOR ANY INFORMATION OR ADVICE RECEIVED THROUGH ANY LINKS PROVIDED BY THE SERVICES.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND ALL MATERIALS OBTAINED THROUGH USE OF THE SERVICES ARE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE USE OF SERVICES.
SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS THAT VARY FROM STATE TO STATE AND JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.
Term and Termination. These Terms are effective from the date on which You use the Services. Your license to use the Services will terminate automatically and without notice if You fail to comply with the provisions of these Terms.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Agreement and Your access to and use of information from the Website and the Services are governed by the laws of the city-state of Hong Kong.
Dispute Resolution. This Agreement or any claim, cause of action or dispute (“claim”) arising out of or related to these Terms shall be governed by the laws of the city-state of Hong Kong regardless of Your country of origin or where You access the Website.
Both You and Company agree that all claims arising out of or related to this Agreement must be resolved exclusively by courts located in Hong Kong. Both Company and You agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located in Hong Kong for the purpose of litigating all such claims. Notwithstanding the above, You agree that the We shall still be allowed to apply for injunctive remedies (or an equivalent type of urgent legal relief) in any jurisdiction.
English version prevails. In the event that these Terms are translated into other languages and there is a discrepancy between the two languages versions, the English language version shall prevail to the extent that such discrepancy is the result of an error in translation.
Contacting Us. We are happy to receive any queries, comments, or requests You may have regarding Our Terms of Service. Feel free and do not hesitate to contact Us at